One of the things that always impresses me about Busch Gardens® is the food.
You can grab funnel cake and corn dogs if you want. But no need when there are fresh salads, ribs and strawberry shortcake.
And now there is even more amazing food because The Busch Gardens® Food & Wine Festival is on and features internationally-inspired menus, wines and other refreshments only offered during the festival. The festival is included with admission but the food can range in price from $3 to $12 for sample size servings and platters!
Look for this when you hit the park and you can check out everything available:
There are 14 tasting stations spread all throughout the park. Sample prices range from $3 to $7.
Last Friday I got a chance to go out, sample some of the food and check out the menu.
Pretty much everything was great but I HIGHLY recommend:
The Smorrebrod in Scandanavia- Open-faced roast beef sandwich on dark rye bread with horseradish & pickled red onions. Be sure to get a knife and fork.
The Pumpkin Caramel Mousse in Canada- Spiced pumpkin mousse with caramel, topped with maple syrup. This was SOOO good.
The Greek Dip Trio- Roasted Garlic Hummus, Pasta Elias and Tirokafteri
For my next visit I will be trying:
Kottbullar in Scandanvia- Swedish meatballs braised in cream sauce with Lingonberry Jam. Several park guests mentioned to me how good these were.
Poulet Cordon Bleu Crepe in Coffee & Crepes- Braised Chicken & ham crepe with Swiss Cheese & dijonnaise sauce.
Cheddar & Lager Chowder- Sharp Cheddar & Canadian lager chowder with smoked paprika oil.
There are also wine and beer tasting booths throughout the park.
Or you can check out the Food & Wine Insider Tour :
- Each tour will be enlightened by its own personal guide
- Visit the Italy Pavilion to see our specialty presentation
- A visit to one of our premiere food-working stands
- A visit to 4 main stands including Canada, Oktoberfest, Spain and Greece
- Experience the flavors of 4 food menu items and a choice of 3 wines or beers (beer flights are not included)
- Tour is approximately 3 hours in length
- Available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 23 to June 29
Looking for discounts at Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Check out the Busch Gardens Williamsburg Coupons !