- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Budget 2011: Organizing Your Stockpile
Posted By Laura On January 15, 2011 @ 6:00 am In Finances,Simple Steps | Comments Disabled
This is a Guest Post by Van of Thrift Core . Thrift Core is a blog about thrifting, creating, and saving money.
Stockpiling is one of the best ways to save money on your regular grocery and drugstore purchases. Now is the perfect time to look at your stockpile and streamline it for maximum efficiency.
Only Stockpile What You Need
- Stockpiling is most effective when you stock up on items you use all the time
– Don’t be seduced by low costs or free items. If you don’t use it, don’t stockpile it!
– Don’t stock up on more perishables than you can realistically use
Small Space Stockpiling
It’s hard to stockpile when you have limited storage space. If you want to keep multiple items on site, you’ll have to analyze your home to its maximum space potential. Consider the following:
- The top shelf of your bedroom closet
– Guest bedroom closets
– Extra hallway closets
– Infrequently used coat closet
– Laundry room (use top shelves, or add shelving)
– Add shelves to basement or garage for stockpile storage
Organizing Your Pantry
Your pantry is ineffective if boxes fall on your head every time you open the door. To efficiently use your stockpile and prevent items from becoming expiring:
- Only keep items in your pantry that you and your family use on a regular basis
– The items you use more frequently should be front and center and easy to reach
– Rotate items so the newer ones are in the back of your pantry and the older ones are in the front.
– All items that are used infrequently can be organized in a separate area.
Follow these tips and you should be able to master your stockpile and not have your stockpile master you!
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/budget-2011-organizing-your-stockpile/
URLs in this post:
 Thrift Core: http://www.thriftcore.com/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.