When I was young my mom would let my sister and I pick out a sewing project to complete every summer. It was fun and taught me a lot of handy skills such as sewing on a button and hemming pants.
I have been on the fence lately about purchasing a sewing machine so that I can put those skills to work. I would love to make curtains, headbands and dresses for my daughter as well as start teaching my kiddos sewing skills that will help them in the future too.
Today on Amazon you can score a GREAT  deal on the Singer Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine . It is on sale for just $299.00(originally $699.99) and it qualifies for free shipping and Prime.
- Automatic needle threader and top drop-in bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up
- 600 built-in stitches including 13 styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes and 5 different fonts provide endless project possibilities
- Stitch editing capabilities allow you to control the exact look of a stitch pattern with elongation and mirror imaging
- One-touch automatic thread cutter trims the upper and lower threads when you are done sewing for faster and easier sewing
- Electronic auto pilot and speed control provide complete control of sewing speed making sewing difficult areas easier and error-free. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
Amazon  prices can change at any time so be sure to order yours now.